Hello everyone! I made a Patreon account to try to help out with my Youtube channel. Hopefully, one day I can afford a better camera and maybe later, some software! Right now I’m only allowing $1 and $5 donations a month, since I’m not known yet.
$1 a month gets a video shout out and #5 dollars a month gets a book or movie review of their choice. This is, of course, optional. But here is the link if you are interested.
Earlier today I received an email about the “Cupid’s Book-Lover” tag that is going around here on WordPress. I thought it would be fun to do, especially since lately all I’ve been posting on here is book reviews and videos. That’s not all that I intended this blog to be and I’m sorry about that. I will admit that I’ve been having a lot going on in my life as of late and it is looking like that might continue for a while.
However, I think I should take some of this chaos and use it to find new topics to bring to my lovely readers and video viewers. Until then, here is the tag.
Copy and Paste the following in your blog to participate in this tag.
1. Tag the creator (AbbieLu @ Cafe Book Bean)
2. Have fun answering the questions.
3. Tag 5-10 people to join in the fun.
4. Thank & link those who tag you.
5. Don’t worry about the rules!
You don’t need to be tagged to participate.
Love is in the air!
1) Favorite Love-Story book?: The Romantics by Pankaj Mishra It is not a happy love story but it is beautifully bittersweet and realistic.
2) Share your best Valentines day memory?: This is not with my current partner. But one my exes showed up on Valentines Day in a suit and tie and made my grandmother and I dinner complete with wine.
3) Favorite fictional hero/heroine? Fictional Hero: Hmmm….this is a hard one. One must really draw upon their own definition of hero. I’ll have to give this more of a think. As for heroine I’d say Kaye from Holly Black’s Modern Faerie Tales series.
4) What story has the best most memorable romantic moment; kiss, proposal, etc.?: I have never forgotten Kaye and Roiben’s kiss from Holly Black’s Tithe.
5) What is your all time favorite Romantic movie?: Before Sunset [It’s the second in a trilogy starring my favorite actor Ethan Hawke. It is a masterpiece.]
6) You can go anywhere for a romantic getaway (fiction or non-fiction,) where do you go?: London
7) Who do you want to be your valentine?: I have a valentine. My fiance.
8) Chocolate or flowers?: Chocolate
9) Novels: Romance or Adventure?: Both
10) What fictional villain, do you secretly love?: Humbert Humbert from Lolita. When Jeremy Irons took on this role I fell in love and I am aware this may cause some controversy.
Let the Tagging begin: Anyone who wants to do this, feel free!
The last I left off I said I would discuss our first date. Well, before I get to that I should discuss a couple of events that convinced me to see him again in the first place. I remember the exact day, it was July 4th 2012.
I had just gotten back from an all day 4th of July party at my cousin’s, I got a call from an old friend that I haven’t seen in a long time. He had been through some really rough times with a female. The result of this left him bitter at women, God, and life. The conversation left a bitter taste in my mouth and I was appalled at his behavior. Needless to say, my after call thought process went like this: Hmmm, I have this really nice guy that has been going to great lengths to get my attention. I should give him a chance.
You can probably guess who I called next. I’m lucky he didn’t tell me to take a hike, honestly. I can never imagine what this man saw in me when he barely knew me. But I am very glad he did. So we made plans for him to come hang out with me at my apartment that Sunday. I made the excuse that I had an incense burner that I did not want that he could have. I’m so clever. Ha!
Anyway, so that day I did the standard girl thing. I put on a bit of makeup and a little black dress. As expected, my doggy barked at him as soon as he walked in. I presented him with the incense burner and then we decided to watch a movie.
My guest decided that he would rather go retro and watch a VHS. So he hooked up my VCR and we settled down to watch, the Nightmare Before Christmas (his favorite film). That was the most fun I had ever had watching that film! He sang all the songs and I couldn’t help but go all swoon-y because he has a really nice voice. We took a walk around the apartment building and talked a bit, and then we did the same process for A Goofy Movie. After he left, I felt like Max when he was around Roxanne. Just hoping that this guy still wanted to see me! A week later he asked me out on our first actual date.
I think instead of going into that. I’m going to stop here. But ladies, I want to offer some advice. Never ever judge a book by its cover! I had this guy pegged as a metal head slacker that I totally put off into the friend zone. Oh yeah, FYI, he doesn’t work for Ronald McDonald anymore. We are nearing our 6 month anniversary date now. I’ll let you guys in on a little secret; I have never made it to a year with anyone. The longest relationship I’ve held was nine months, I always get dumped! I always thought that the guy that makes it to a year is going to be the one. I just know it’s going to be this guy.
Totally going all out for our half-aversary too, I’m going to get all pretty and make him a special dinner. His present came in the mail today too!